Fujifilm has finally released its much anticipated X-Pro 1 camera in Dubai. What sets the X-Pro 1 apart is that it marks the company’s re-entry into the market for interchangeable-lens cameras.
In addition to its award winning design and technology, the camera’sÂ featuresÂ include the new X-Trans CMOS sensor, which raises the bar in terms of image resolution, as well as high image quality with FUJINON XF lens, maximized lens performance with X-Mount, and Hybrid Viewfinder.
The new FUJIFILM X-Pro1, an all-new interchangeable lens camera system was officially launched at the GPP 2012 (Gulf Photo Plus 2012 photography event) in Dubai Knowledge Village. The GPP 2012 sees the worldâs leading photographers visit the event to conduct workshops and give seminars from 5th March â" 10th March 2012. Acclaimed photographer Zack Arias introduced the Xâ"Pro1 camera to the public with a presentation followed by a live demo shoot unveiling the high quality camera. The camera has made its much anticipated UAE debut and is now available across the country.
Â âThe X-Pro1 recently won several awards at the CES 2012 and was subject to international acclaim,â said Keitaro So, General Manager, Fujifilm Electronics Imaging Division, MENA. âWe are anticipating the same response from the UAE market after the launch in partnership with GPP 2012. Zack Arias, the editorial music photographer, was kind enough to launch our camera here with his presentation and live demo shoot which enthralled audiences. The X-Pro1 marks the re-entry of FUJIFILM into the interchangeable lens system camera category, with award winning design and technology that lives up to our legacy of supporting the culture of photography.â
The top and base of the X-Pro1 are made from die-cast aluminium alloy which combined with high quality touches like precise engraving on the top-plate and hand-enamelled lettering on the lenses, underlines the fact that the entire FUJIFILM X-Pro1 system is built without compromise. The key features of this 16 Megapixel camera are its APS-C X-Trans CMOS sensor TM, a brand new X lens mount, Hybrid Multi Viewfinder and three prime lenses.
FUJIFILM X-Pro1 â" The Main Features
1. Setting new standards in image resolution
-Â FUJIFILM have developed a new CMOS sensor called the X-Trans CMOS. The X-Trans CMOSÂ sensor is capable of delivering resolution that is parallel, if not superior, to a full frame sensor.
- The new colour filter array paves the way for an ideal sensor that does not need an optical low-pass filter. While the optical low-pass filter is indispensable for the reduction of moirÃ© and false colour generated by conventional sensors, it also degrades resolution. The presence of an R, G and B pixel in every vertical and horizontal pixel series minimizes the generation of false colours and delivers higher colour reproduction.
- EXR Processor Pro â" As a result of using a film-inspired array, a more powerful processor is required to process the image signal data. So FUJIFILM have created the EXR Processor Pro which maximizes the full potential of the X-Trans CMOSTÂ sensor delivering high speed and high precision image processing.
2. Prime FUJINON XF lenses deliver the highest image quality
-Â Fujinon lenses have long been associated with delivering high quality images, with optics used for both broadcast TV and medium format cameras. Now the expertise borne out of this enviable optical heritage has been put into lenses for the FUJIFILM X-Pro1.
- Three compact XF Fujinon fast aperture prime lenses will be available at launch. The âXF18mmF2 Râ, âXF 35mmF1.4 Râ and âXF60mmF2.4 R Macroâ all offer precise control over depth-of-field and deliver excellent out-of-focus bokeh thanks to the design of the moulded aperture diaphragm blades. The blades are curved to create a circular image at all aperture settings, while the very edges of each blade are meticulously rounded off rather than simply cut off, which delivers a sharper image.
3.FUJIFILM original âX-Mountâ maximizes lens performance
-Â Specifically designed to maximize the mirror-less design of the body the X-Mount has a short flange back distance of just 17.7mm. This means the rear lens elements are as close as possible to the sensor. The wide opening allows the lens to be mounted deeper within the body â" up to 7.5mm (approx) from the mount surface â" reducing the back focus distance of each lens to the minimum possible, thus achieving high resolution all the way to the edge of the image
4. Hybrid Multi Viewfinder â" seeing is believing
-Â FUJIFILMâs revolutionary Hybrid Viewfinder first appeared in the X100. With its ability to instantly switch between an Optical Viewfinder and Electronic Viewfinder the Hybrid Viewfinder has added a new dimension to the pleasure of composing photographs. For the brightest viewing image, and to keep shutter lag to a minimum, users should choose the Optical Viewfinder. Those wanting focus confirmation, exposure information, white balance information and depth of field indicators should switch to the Electronic Viewfinder.
- The Electronic Viewfinder provides an excellent âLive Viewâ of your composition. This fusion of technologies allows users to enjoy composing their images through a bright viewfinder, but has the option to overlay vital picture taking information should this be required.
- Changing between the two viewfinders is simple, thanks to the switch on the front of the X-Pro1 body. The X-Pro1 also gives you the freedom to manually set a focal distance and switch between viewfinder magnifications