If you’ve got some space and spare cash to boot, why not splurge on Sharp’s swanky new 80″ Aquos LED TV. The TV features a full-HD X-Gen Panel and other features such as Internet integration, USB inputs, and stellar image quality. Starting at a suggested retail price of AED 35,999 this is one TV you’re going to have start saving for in advance.
Press Release: Dubai, 24 September 2012 â" Sharp, an industry leader in large flat panel TVs and innovator of LCD/LED TV technology, today announced the introduction of the regionâs first commercially available 80 inch Aquos LED TV to the Middle East. The companyâs new offerings are its way to demonstrate a luxurious modern lifestyle to its UAE customers this GITEX. Sharpâs LED TV line-up offers unrivalled picture quality and impressive functionality exhibiting industry leading energy-efficiency.
The new Aquos LED TV is part of the âFrom Bigger to Biggestâ product line-up which reiterates Sharpâs position as the leader in LCD/LED TV category. In its 100th year since foundation, Sharp is dedicating its latest offerings to the modern family and its high-end urban needs. On one hand, Sharpâs large TV products enhance the customerâs home entertainment experience with the optimization provided by smart TV features. While on the other hand, it offers cutting edge appliances for todayâs sophisticated kitchen where the modern family increasingly spends more time together.
80 Inch âReal as lifeâ Home Entertainment:
The full HD Japanese made panel, Sharpâs flagship 80 inch model LC-80LE940X provides more than twice the screen area of an average 55-inch TV. It features Sharpâs 4th Generation Quattron technology for better 3D viewing, plus direct LED backlighting and Aquo-motion Pro (240Hz) to decrease blur during fast-moving videos. It also boasts advanced Wi-Fi capabilities, which are further strengthened by Sharpâs smart TV interface, allowing customers to enjoy applications such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. The interface also allows customized preferences which allow users to send photos, music and videos wirelessly.
âOur Big AQUOS series fulfills the demand for bigger screens while maintaining affordable prices and energy-efficiencyâ, said Mr. Hiroshi Sasaoka â" Chairman at Sharp Middle East FZE. âThe 80-inch AQUOS LED TV meets the consumerâs need for bigger flat panel TV. It is stylish, offers stunning picture quality, sound quality and we are proud to introduce it for the first time to the Middle Eastâ, continued Mr. Sasaoka.
âWe are always seeking to strengthen our presence in the GCC and Levant Region and our team is going through continued year-on-year growth supported by strong sales of our LCD TVs and other consumer electronics pillar products such as fridges, ACs, and PCI products. More regional offices are being established to better cater to key markets across Africa and we are also growing as a team with more than 100 staff working for us in the MEA CIS regionâ, he adds.
The AQUOS LC-80LE940X Television features:
- 80-inch Class (80-inch diagonal) â" more than double the screen area of a 55-inch Class TV;
- Full HD X-Gen Panel â" a unique leading edge technology designed with advanced pixel control to minimize light leakage and wider aperture to let more light through
- UV2A Technology â" for high precision picture with fast control of the liquid crystal molecules to ensure uniform alignment
- Quattron â" delivering unprecedented reality in natural colour gradations for a high-precision picture with low power consumption.
- Quad Pixel Plus 2 â" improves picture quality details using interpolation with special correction and by processing to remove jagged edges.
- AquoMotion Pro â" The number of frames in the picture is increased four times, motion blur is reduced for an overall better image clarity.
- MHL â" Mobile High Definition Link
- Sound Quality â" Audio Engine by Yamaha achieves genuine 3D surround
- Smart TV – delivers customized Internet content and live customer support via Wi-Fi to enjoy apps like Facebook and Twitter;
- USB Inputs – enable viewing high-resolution video, music and digital photos on the TV.
LC-80LE940X is now available starting September 24, 2012 at selected retail stores across the UAE at a recommended retail price of AED 35,999 (including FOCs such as five 3D glasses, one Blue-Ray Player & one Wi-Fi Dongle).